top of page
  • Grey Facebook Icon
  • Grey Instagram Icon
  • Grey Twitter Icon
  • Grey LinkedIn Icon
  • Grey YouTube Icon

Austin Helms 

Valdese, NC

UNC-Chapel Hill Class of 2016


I was born and raised in Valdese, NC (yes, it's a real town). As a kid you'd find me outside 95% of the time, from playing basketball to building/selling bows and arrows in my neighborhood. The other 5% was spent sleeping, or enjoying my mama's homemade sweet tea. 

Life in my little town was all I knew, but for some reason I longed to "get out" and spread my wings. 

Following high school graduation, I packed my bags and moved to Chapel Hill where I began my college journey at UNC-CH. My book, Orientation to Graduation: Stories & Advice from a Real College Student, encompasses my journey from high school graduation to college graduation. I wrote the book for future college students to hear/learn from a real college student, in real time, with a real experience. 

I hope you enjoy the book! 

bottom of page